Public Works Phone

Water Wise - tips

Water Bill electronic withdrawal payment request form

When completed and signed submit form to: Brownstown DPW, 21313 Telegraph Rd., Brownstown Twp., MI 48183 or fax to 734-675-2921

Public Works - FAQs

Can I have my water bill automatically paid?

Yes. You can have your water bill taken out of a savings or checking account. There is no charge for this service. The form can be found here.

How do I report a street light out?

Call DTE at 1-800-477-4747 or at their website here.

When is the 2019 yard waste season?

Monday April 1st through Friday December 6th

Why is my water cloudy sometimes?

See information on this website.

What about lead in my drinking water?

Click here to watch this informative video

What do I need for a dog/cat license?

  • Rabies vaccination certificate
  • $10 per dog / $5 per cat (After April 30th, dogs are $20/ cats are $10)
  • First dog or cat is free for seniors (65 and older) additional animals are half price

What do I need for a dog park permit?

  • Valid dog license
  • Signed wavier
  • Proof of the following vaccinations:
    • Rabies
    • Bordetella
    • Distemper parvo
    • Leptospirosis
  • Residents $25, non-residents $35 for one year from date of purchase
  • Replacement fob is $25

Where can I recycle old batteries?

For a listing of places that will recycle old batteries, visit