New trips are announced and offered at the monthly Travel Club Meeting held on the first Monday of the month. Brownstown residents can join the Travel Club for discounts on travel and get the first news of new trips. Membership is $10 per year (non-residents $25 initial registration). Join us to learn about our new trips. Any senior may travel with us; you do not have to be a member. Click here for more info.
Come Bowl with us at Flat Rock Lanes each Friday at 1:00 pm. No needs to sign-up just show up and bowl. For more information call (734) 782-9393.
Wayne County Congregate Meals
In cooperation with the Wayne County Office of Nutrition Services, available to seniors age 60 and over. Lunch is served Mondays and Tuesdays from 12:00-1:00 pm in the Brownstown Community Center. The suggested donation is $3 per day. Monday through Friday hot meals will resume in October 2022.
Reservations are due one day in advance before 1 p.m. and can be made by calling the Recreation Dept at 675- 0920. Monthly menus are also available for pick-up.
MEALS ON WHEELS PROGRAM
Wayne County Senior Services is providing hot, home-delivered meals on Mondays and Tuesdays (except for holidays), with three-pack frozen meals delivered on Thursdays for consumption on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. To qualify as homebound a person must be 60 years and older and unable to prepare meals. If you are interested in receiving Meals on Wheels at home, call Joan at (734) 675-0920 or register online for this service at: https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/seniorservices/home-delivered-meals-request-form.aspx
Senior/Disabled Transportation ProgramEligibility:
- Brownstown Township resident.
- Age 60 or older or disabled and unable to drive due to medical reasons.
- Seniors who can drive may use the Sr. Bus, however, priority is given to those who cannot.
- All passengers must complete an Application/Emergency Medical ID Form listing pertinent medical information that may be necessary in case of an emergency and also waives responsibility of the Township for any injury a person may incur while utilizing the transportation program.
- All passengers must provide a copy of a valid and current State of Michigan ID or Driver License with application.
- Any passenger who is not age 60 or older must provide documentation from their physician stating that they have a disability that causes them to be unable to drive.
- After we receive these items, we will send you an approval letter along with an ID card. You will need to show the driver the ID card when you use the transportation services.
- Administered by Brownstown Township Recreation Department.
- Transportation provided by Brownstown Township Senior Bus.
- Transportation is made available by grants from SMART.
- Transportation to Brownstown Community Center for scheduled senior programs and activities organized by the Center (lunch, shopping, trips, volunteer opportunities, meetings, etc.)
- The senior bus may be used by seniors who can drive, however, priority will be given to those who cannot.
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm for programs at the Community Center.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, (734) 675-0920.
- Curb to Curb
- Wheelchair Lift Equipped
- Passengers must be able to get to and from the bus unassisted. If assistance is needed, a caregiver/companion must be with the passenger at all times.
- $1.00 round trip to/from home/Senior Center or activity
- $1.00 round trip for shopping trips