New trips are announced offered at the monthly Travel Club Meeting which is held the first Monday of the month. Brownstown residents can join the Travel Club for discounts on travel and get first news of new trips. Membership is $10 per year. Join us to learn about our new trips. Any senior may travel with us; you do not have to be a member.
Come Bowl with us at Flat Rock Lanes each Friday at 1:00 pm. No needs to sign-up just show up and bowl. For more information call (734) 782-9393.
Wayne County Congregate Meals
In cooperation with the Wayne County Office of Nutrition Services, available to seniors age 60 and over. Lunch is served Monday through Friday at Noon in the Brownstown Community Center. The suggested donation is $3 per day.
Reservations are due one day in advance and can be made by calling the Recreation Dept at 675- 0920. Monthly menus are also available for pick-up.
MEALS ON WHEELS PROGRAM
Hot lunches are also delivered to qualified homebound seniors. Lunches are delivered Monday through Friday with frozen meals for emergency use. Any senior needing delivery should contact Wayne County at (800) 851-1454.
Senior/Disabled Transportation ProgramEligibility:
- Brownstown Township resident.
- Age 60 or older or disabled unable to drive due to medical reasons.
- Seniors who can drive may use the Sr. Bus, however, priority is given to those who cannot.
- All passengers must complete an Application/Emergency Medical ID Form listing pertinent medical information that may be necessary in case of an emergency and also waives responsibility of the Township for any injury a person may incur while utilizing the transportation program.
- All passengers must provide a copy of a valid picture ID.
- Any passenger who is not age 60 or older must provide documentation from their physician stating that they have a disability that causes them to be unable to drive.
- After we receive these items, we will send you an approval letter along with an ID card. You will need to show the driver the ID card when you use the transportation services.
- Administered by Brownstown Township Recreation Department.
- Transportation provided by Brownstown Township Senior Bus and Downriver Cab.
- Transportation is made available by grants from SMART.
Brownstown Senior BusAvailable for:
- Transportation to Brownstown Community Center for senior programs and activities organized by the Center (lunch, shopping, trips, volunteer opportunities, meetings, etc.)
- Transportation to the Township offices.
- Transportation for wheelchair-bound residents to appointments.
- The senior bus may be used by seniors who can drive, however, priority will be given to those who cannot.
- Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm for programs at the Community Center.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, (734) 675-0920.
- Curb to Curb
- Wheelchair Lift Equipped
- Passengers must be able to get to and from the bus unassisted. If assistance is needed, a caregiver/companion must be with the passenger at all times.
- $1.00 round trip to/from home/Senior Center or activity
- $1.00 round trip for shopping trips
- $2.00 each way for appointments (available for wheelchair bound only)