To schedule an appointment, please contact the Clerk's Office at (734) 675-0910.
TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT
(if this will be your first passport or your last passport was issued over 15 years ago):
- You will need to complete an application (Form DS-11). Applications are available at the Clerks Office or at travel.state.gov/passport. Application should be completed before you arrive for your appointment.
- Provide two (2) passport photos. Most places where film is processed can print these for you, or passport photos can be taken on site at a cost of $10.00 per person.
- Present your drivers license or state-issued identification.
- Surrender your original birth certificate and/or naturalization certificate with seal. Seal on certificate must be raised, embossed, impressed, or multicolored. (Certificate will be returned with your passport.)
- Passports require two (2) separate forms of payment:
- Effective December 27, 2021, passport fees for a passport book will increase from $110.00 to $130.00 for an adult, and from $80.00 to $100 for a child. Fees for passport cards will remain the same at $30 for an adult and $15.00 for a child.
All payments to the State Department must be in the form of a check or money order. The check or money order should made payable to U.S. Department of State, and the applicant's full name and date of birth should be listed in the memo portion of the check. Personal checks are accepted.
- Passport execution fee - $35 (may be cash, check, or money order, payable to Brownstown Township; personal checks are accepted)
Parents or legal guardians must BOTH appear ALONG WITH THEIR CHILD to execute an application for a child who is under age 16. Please see travel.state.gov/passport for more information.
Expedited services are available at additional costs. Please contact the Clerks Office at (734) 675-0910 for more information.
For the most current information regarding passport services and processing times, visit travel.state.gov/passport for more information.
IF YOU NEED TO RENEW YOUR PASSPORT
You may be eligible to renew your passport by mail using Form DS-82. Form DS-82 is available at the Clerk's Office or at travel.state.gov/passport. This form may be mailed by the applicant and does not require execution by a passport acceptance facility. Effective December 27, 2021, passport fees for a passport book will increase from $110.00 to $130.00 for an adult, and from $80.00 to $100 for a child. Fees for passport cards will remain the same at $30 for an adult and $15.00 for a child. It must be in the form of a check or money order, payable to U.S. Department of State.
There are five (5) criteria for using Form DS-82. Please use the following checklist to see if you are eligible to apply with a DS-82:
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport was issued AND
- I was issued my most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
- I use the same name as on my most recent passport; or since my passport was issued, I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name change AND
- I can submit my most recent passport AND
- It is undamaged.
If you answered NO to any of the 5 statements above, you cannot use Form DS-82. You must apply on a DS-11 and have it executed by a passport acceptance facility. More information about applying for a passport is available at travel.state.gov/passport.